What is crimp fitting or crimping?

There are many different systems on the market. Generally in the UK we use press fittings, which are a form of crimping. Connection is reached by pushing the outer sleeve to pipe, compressing it between the sleeve and  the inner brass piece. This is achieved using a mechanical press tool. Emmeti offer a range of these, please ask for further information.